From the Feb. 9, 1961 News Record:
The Gillette volunteer fire department made a flying sprint, but the cookies were burned! Fire Chief Charley Tyrrell reported that a trailer house full of smoke produced only an oven full of cookies which had caught fire last Tuesday at about 1:40 p.m.
From the Feb. 1, 1951 News Record:
A fire, that could have been the most disastrous for Gillette in many years, gutted the Sixty-Six service station early Sunday morning. Origin of the fire is vague, but from all appearance the fire started next to the battery charger, and it is presumed that a short in the wiring was the cause. The fire department answered a call to the blaze at about 1:15 in the morning, and retired after it looked like the fire had been put out, but at 3:15 the firefighters were again called to the scene, this time the entire east end of the building being in flames. In 30 degrees below zero weather, the fighters put up a valiant fight to control the blaze and keep it from spreading to adjacent buildings. Fortunately, what little wind there was came from the northwest, an advantage for the property which closely adjoined the service station to the north. After about three hours of hard work, the fighters got the blaze under control with the damage spreading no father.
From the Feb. 28, 1940 News Record:
The explosion of a light plant severely burned John Lynde on the face and hands yesterday afternoon at his ranch home. Mr. Lynde was just completing the filling of the tank of the plant when he accidentally started the motor, which caused the blast. His face and hands caught the impact of the explosion but the burns did not extend over his body. His hair was thoroughly singed. He had difficulty getting out of the cellar in which the light plant was housed, the door blowing back when he attempted to open it. Mrs. Lynde heard the explosion form the house and came to the aid of her husband.