Details for Receptionist
Shift: Day shift or as needed and directed.
Reports To: General Manager
Salary Level: Non-Exempt
Receptionist is the key person in establishing a first impression and conveying the best possible customer service.The job of Receptionist/Secretary is done for the purpose/s of responding to inquiries from staff, the public, etc. to provide requested information and/or referral to other parties; and providing general clerical support to all departments at Powder River Transportation Services Inc. (PRTS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to include but not limited to:
• Greets all visitors to PRTS, screen visitors, verify sign in, assist with direction or escort to required personnel.
• Answers multiline telecommunication system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
• Coordinates assigned activities.
• Distributes mail, faxes, supplies, messages, keys, etc. for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
• Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, data keying, filing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting staff.
• Processes documents and materials for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
• Responds to emergency calls for the purpose of notifying appropriate parties to address immediate safety issues.
• Assists other personnel, as may be required, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
• Assists in Dispatch as needed
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Working with frequent interruptions; and maintaining confidentiality.
• Operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications,
• Using a multi-line telecommunication system, professional telephone etiquette.
• Preparing and maintaining accurate records. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Attention to detail is a necessity.
• Understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and solve practical problems.
• Must have the ability to schedule activities; gather, collate, and/or classify data.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
• Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
• Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedules form.
• Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
• Perform various other duties assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate.
• Computer literate with good keyboarding skills. typing 40 WPM, eye-hand coordination, manual and finger dexterity. Ability to run a copier. Ability to answer phones.
• Ability to bend, lift, pull, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time. Ability to work in small spaces.
Coach USA Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
"Coach USA: Committed to Delivering Safe, Affordable, Greener Travel"
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability or any other protected group status.
- Employee Type