So far in January, Campbell County is seeing somewhat of a drop in its active cases and COVID-19 hospitalizations.
Although the county is approaching 4,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases, the number of active cases and virus patients has dropped noticeably.
On Wednesday, there were 71 active COVID-19 cases recorded in Campbell County, 24 fewer than the day before.
The number of local hospitalizations has dropped as well.
A week ago, there were 12 COVID-19 hospitalizations in Campbell County. On Wednesday, the hospital had seven virus-related hospitalizations, its least since Nov. 18 right before COVID-19 cases spiked, according to the Wyoming Department of Health.
The county’s rolling 14-day COVID-19 positivity rate stood at 8.73% Wednesday, a significant improvement from the almost 25% positivity rate it had about a month ago, according to the Wyoming Department of Health.
Here are the latest COVID-19 statistics:
CAMPBELL COUNTY NUMBERS
- Number of new confirmed cases: 6
- Number of probables: 420
- Number of confirmed cases in last seven days: 92
- Confirmed total since pandemic began: 3,987
- Number of active cases: 71
- Recoveries: 4,274
- Recoveries in past seven days: 147
- New deaths: 0
- Overall deaths: 45
- Hospitalizations today: 7
- Number of new confirmed cases: 167
- Number of probables: 7,006
- Number of confirmed cases in last seven days: 2,068
- Total confirmed since pandemic began: 41,283
- Number of active cases: 1,863
- New deaths: 0
- Overall deaths: 522
- Hospitalizations today: 82
Laramie: 6,462 (1,142)
Natrona: 5,294 (1,645)
Campbell: 3,987 (420)
Fremont: 3,636 (577)
Albany: 3,300 (337)
Sweetwater: 3,098 (124)
Sheridan: 2,206 (515)
Weston: 516 (85)
Crook: 366 (31)
Johnson: 350 (220)