COVID-19

Campbell County Health found that 99% of the COVID-19 patients it treated in September were not vaccinated against the disease.

Last month, 92% of all Campbell County Memorial Hospital COVID-19 patients were there to specifically be treated for COVID-related illness. The other 8% of COVID-19 positive patients were there for other treatments and tested positive through the hospital’s patient screening, according to CCH.

Of that 8% of COVID-19 positive patients who were in the hospital but not specifically treated for COVID-19, none of them were vaccinated.

As of Wednesday, the expanded 10-bed ICU was full. The ICU typically has seven beds. Three of the ICU patients are being treated for COVID-19 and one is on a ventilator.

The Medical/Surgical unit is nearly full as well. Eighteen of the 19 beds in that unit are occupied and 13 of those patients are there to be treated for COVID-19.

Campbell County recorded 34 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, increasing its active case count to 315, according to the Wyoming Department of Health.

Here are the latest numbers:

CAMPBELL COUNTY NUMBERS

  • First vaccine doses administered: 12,295 (Oct. 4)
  • Second vaccine doses administered: 10,284 (Oct. 4)
  • Johnson & Johnson doses administered: 1,111 (as of Oct. 4)
    • Vaccine counts may lag up to 3 days
  • Number of new confirmed cases: 34
  • Number of probables: 809
  • Number of confirmed cases in last 14 days: 530
  • Confirmed total since pandemic began: 7,177
  • Number of active cases: 335
    • State numbers do not specify vaccination status
  • Recoveries: 7,507
  • Recoveries in past seven days: 327
  • New deaths: 0
  • Overall deaths: 85
  • Hospitalizations today: 18

WYOMING NUMBERS

  • Number of new confirmed cases: 375
  • Number of probables: 17,818
  • Number of confirmed cases in last 14 days: 4,505
  • Total confirmed since pandemic began: 75,265
  • Number of active cases: 3,749
  • New deaths: 0
  • Overall deaths: 1,041
  • Hospitalizations today: 201

(3) comments

Arizona

I just want to say, regarding the article about the hospital being full of covid patients who have not had their vaccinations. I was one of their patients last weekend and, yes I had my full vaccinations and still (because of all those who refuse to have their vaccinations) managed to catch covid and spend the night in the hospital. I had my last shot in February, 2021 and, was waiting for the booster to become available.

Cap'n Bumbleguts

Wow it's almost like vaccines...work? Amazing.

WyoAtHeart

Your comment makes no sense to me. Wyoming has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country.

Everyone, please, if you haven't and you can, get vaccinated. It's much less expensive than an ICU bed.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.