The News-Record continues to be the news source for Gillette and Campbell County. The only newspaper covering Gillette and Campbell County - is vitally interested in all news affecting the people and about the people of Gillette and Campbell County.
Campbell County has made a name as the energy capital of the world because of the deposits of coal and oil found beneath its soil. Another mineral boom occurred in the last few years when developers have found a way to tap into the coal bed methane natural gas found here.
The News-Record began as the Gillette News in 1904 and its history makes it the oldest business in Campbell County, a responsibility it takes seriously by providing its readers the most comprehensive news report in northeastern Wyoming.
Follow us on Facebook
- Local COVID-19 cases jump 40 in one week to 233; 48 cases are active
- Without a paddle
- Earthquake strikes Tuesday near Wright
- Council picks new Ward 1 city councilman
- 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic calendars OK'd
- 2 Louisville officers shot amid Breonna Taylor protests
- Coronavirus death toll up to 50; record set for new, active cases
- 'Unfathomable': US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- 121 fentanyl pills found; man faces 5 drug charges
- Japanese beetle officially identified for first time in Wyoming
- Man suffers broken bones after accident in northern Campbell County
- 7 apply for vacant City Council seat
- Roger Gentry
- Man accused of kidnapping wife
- Camels blow out Bison 49-0 for first road win in four years
- Local church gives almost 2K boxes of food to residents
- Local COVID-19 case count up to 193; 13 cases are active
- Sharon Schirado
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.